It is important when hiring a company to paint the interior of your home that you not only request a detailed quote, but you also get specifics on what the painters will actually be doing. This will ensure that they are not cutting corners and you get the results you are looking for. Here is our checklist we use to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
Interior Painting Checklist:
- Do the painters arrive on time?
- Is furniture and appliances being moved properly with slip sheets so they project the surface?
- Are all surfaces protected with drop cloths or plastic?
- All switch plates and outlet covers been removed?
- The walls been prepared for painting by repairing nail holes, cracks, peeling paint, etc.?
- Water stains been sealed with primers to prevent bleed through?
- Thermostats, knobs, hinges and other surface are taped off so they don’t get paint on them?
- The walls have been cleaned using the appropriate cleaner prior to painting?
- Colours are checked to ensure they match colour chip prior to application, and the proper sheen being used is confirmed?
- The trim has been caulked and lightly sanded prior to painting?
- All paint is applied evenly and is free from runs, sags or drips?
- Inspection of newly painted surfaces was completed to ensure proper coverage?
- Proper clean up by removing all masking and drop cloths?
- Re-installation of all switch plate and outlet covers?
- Sweep or vacuum each room and make sure that all trash and debris has been removed?
- Left behind touch-up paint that is clearly marked?
- Final walk through with customer to ensure their complete satisfaction?
When looking to hire a painting company it is important that quotes include the items listed above, and they have discussed the painting process with you in detail. This painting checklist will also be helpful to ensure that the company you do hire is held to task and the process goes as smoothly as possible.
We would be happy to walk you through our process and provide a no-obligation quote. Give us a call at 250.380.8722 or complete our request a quote form today. Request a quote in the month of May and enjoy our Spring Savings and receive 10% off.